The Leader in Me is grounded in the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
· I am a responsible person.
· I take initiative.
· I choose my actions, attitudes, and moods.
· I do not blame others for my faults.
· I do good things even when no one is around.
Begin with the End in Mind:
· I plan ahead and set goals.
· I do things that have meaning and make a difference.
· I am an important part of my classroom and contribute to my school.
I look for ways to be a good citizen.
Put First Things First:
· I spend my time on most important things first.
· I work first, and then play.
· I say no to things I know I should not do.
· I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan.
· I am disciplined and organized.
· I think what others want not just, what I want.
· When problems come up, I work with others to help find a solution that makes everyone happy.
· I respect others.
Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood:
· I listen to other peoples’ ideas and feelings.
· I try to understand others’ viewpoints.
· I listen with my eyes, ears, and heart.
· I listen to others without interrupting.
· I am confident voicing my ideas.
· I value other peoples’ strengths and learn from them.
· I get along with others even people different from me.
· I work well in groups.
· I seek others’ ideas.
· I look for third alternatives.
Sharpen the Saw:
· I eat right, exercise, and get enough sleep (body).
· I learn new things everywhere (brain/mind).
· I spend time with my family and friends (heart).
· I find meaningful ways to help people (soul).
· I balance my body, mind, heart and soul.
See the attached PDF file and our Leader in Me page:
- (268.9 KBs)